Monday, October 25, 2010

Once Upon a Time in London

at Picadilly

This is kinda late post but I just want to share my one of a kind experience while I was in London.

Of all the cities that I want to see, London is number 1 in my list. When I think of  London before, I can just imagine beautiful castles like those featured in the movies, the amazing Big Ben, great scientist and discoverers, old songs that remained incomparable and many others.


I never knew that I will be given a chance to see this beautiful city and I'm fortunate to have believed in my dreams.


We arrived in London Heathrow airport from Kuala Lumpur at almost five in the afternoon (London time, January of 2010). It was still winter that time so the place was cold and wet as expected. We had dinner and stayed in one of our friend's house in the West part of London (sorry I forgot the name of the town) on that night. 


The next day, through the help of our friend, we headed back to London and started our day by depositing our luggages near King's Cross station so we can have a walk around London City centre. Then my partner asked me where I want to go first. In no doubt I answered: "I want to see the Big Ben!" So we headed to the underground train station or what Londoners referred as "the tube". I guess we took 2 trains just to go to where the Big Ben is. 


a dream come true indeed! It's the Big Ben!

Also took a photo with the London eye in the background

I was in awe but mixed emotions in reality when I stood and look up at the magnificent clock tower. My partner and I were there just in time when the clock hands strike at 12 noon and then it sounded gracefully. It was truly amazing! We continued our walk down to the Westminster City. We also went to London Chinatown. (Yup!, there is always Chinatown anywhere). A stop in one of the Filipino supermarkets near Earl's court was also worth the walk. We also bought some Chinese soup in powder that we both like. We jumped back to the tube after lunch and went straight to where else but in Harrods Knightsbridge for some jam shopping. I also had a photo taken at Piccadilly- a popular road since medieval times that has inspired several works of fiction.

'Til I see you again London! Cheers!

at Chinatown London

After lunch near Earl's Court with the iconic double decker bus behind me

Mini shopping at Harrods 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!