Thursday, September 2, 2010

DIY Scones

Philippines is an archipelago with many known delicacies. To name a few, I'll start in my hometown in Cagayan de Oro. I didn't know if CDO has its own delicacy until I tasted this sweet yema flavored buns in boxes. This is not actually a CDO product as it originated from Camiguin- an island in the region. But most people who visited CDO would always look for these yummy buns so somehow it became CDO's trademark. Cebu on the other hand is known for its otap, dried mangoes (one of my favorites), pork cracklings, the ever popular lechon and many others.

When I first visited England early this year, I was also curious if they too have this so-called delicacies aside from the fact that the British fish and chips is known worldwide. I learned about scones and cornish pasty. But no, they don't call them delicacies.The most common scones you can buy from the supermarket are those with raisins but with pasties, you can buy them in different fillings. I tried to bake some scones and this time I used cherries instead of raisins.

my cherry scones
My first pasty (they're a bit huge) with sausage, cooked potatoes, butter, raisins, onions and ham as fillings.
so yummy!


I'll write a separate blog for my cherry cakes so I can post the ingredients for those who are interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!