Thursday, September 2, 2010

Singapore and F1 Grand Prix

I never thought of going to Singapore if it wasn't because of an invitation from my partner to watch a live Formula 1 or F1 night race.


My perception about Singapore has greatly changed when I went there last September 2009 ( 'twas the day after typhoon Ondoy had its landfall in the Philippines). A day that I would never forget in my entire life. From being soaked by the rain on my way to the airport in Manila, I've arrived in Changi blessed with a warm, sunny Singapore weather. I was so amazed on how everything works and indeed it's all true that Singapore is a very clean country.

On our second visit, we enjoyed our walk along Orchard road, the Chinatown and Clarke Quay at night, the exciting rides at Sentosa beach, drinks and peanuts at Raffles bar and of course who would never forget the sumptous dishes at their many hawker food centers. Much about the place, let's talk about Formula 1.

Singapore is the only country where you can watch F1 night race. Yes, it was the first time I've ever seen a live F1 race though I've been a fan since then. The thrill, the excitement, the superb engineering, the pit stop and the noise...imagine all of that in one event. I took the photos below during my first day in Singapore just before the F1 grand prix.

The Merilion Park


Drivers on parade
Singapore F1 Grand Prix Grandstand seats facing Marina bay

More about Singapore coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!