Friday, September 3, 2010

Cherry Cake for my Amor

One afternoon (still in England), I decided to bake something I haven't made before. Since I'm fond of experimenting in the kitchen, I gathered all the ingredients available. Then I found a cup of sweet cherries in the fridge and the next thing I knew I'm already mixing the flour with the butter... My very own cherry cake.


My Ingredients:
1 1/2 cup self raising flour
2 eggs
1 cup evaporated milk
1 cup unsalted butter 
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup white sugar
a pinch of salt (optional)
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup cherries 


How I did it: I only had simple ingredients as you can see. Preheat the oven at 150 deg C. Begin by sifting the flour in a big bowl and put the butter ( butter should be sliced into small squares), salt (optional) baking powder and white sugar. Beat the eggs separately and pour it in the dry mixture including the milk. Mix thoroughly and add more flour if needed. Finally, mix the cherries and add the vanilla. Get a non-stick baking pan and wipe it with melted butter. Then pour in the mixture in the pan. You can also make use of the other cherries as design like the one above. But please note that the cherries will melt so better mix it thoroughly with all other ingredients. Set the oven to 200 deg C and put the pan in the oven. Cook for approximately 25-30 minutes or until it turns brown.


hmmm.. looks lovely!

a soft, yummy  and sweet cherry cake!!! Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!