Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Buttercream

Last year, I've finally decided to enroll in a Culinary school. It has been one of my dreams before I turned 30. I find it to be a flexible passion to pursue and the opportunities are limitless. I am certain that this is what I want my life to be about.


I think that I got my natural cooking skills from my father. I used to watch him working in the kitchen as we used to have a carenderia or food stall when I was still in high school. He would make a great lunch even if he did not have any pro culinary background. I remember waking up to the sounds of chopping boards as early as 4am almost every day. By that time, I also try to help in slicing spices and veggies before prepping for school.


My joy of learning how to bake started when I was on a holiday in the UK years ago. I would bake the basic scones, pasties and cherry cake as you can read in my previous blogs. The fascination didn't end there as I continued this hobby by making cookies, brownies and caramel bars. I used to sell them to my officemates and received a lot of great feedback.

In 2016, a friend of mine encouraged me to take up culinary course in CCA with him but apparently it didn't happen after he went abroad.

I've also inquired at TESDA office many times but the slot for culinary is always full and they also prioritized undergraduate students which I fairly understand.

Despite all the setbacks, I keep moving forward to accomplishing one of my biggest dreams. It feels great to graduate from one of the Metro's biggest and most advanced culinary school. Thanks to all our mentors and chefs at LPU Culinary Institute, TELUS International University, batchmates, my family especially my howardsome - my ultimate source of inspiration. Above all, thank God for this opportunity to graduate again (my College grad was like XX years ago). The long hours of cooking and baking, crowded train stations, sore legs and everything in between paid off in the end. I know that the toque I've earned is only the beginning of a promising journey.


If dreams don't come true overnight, all you have to do is to hold on to your dreams. I did.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!