Monday, December 31, 2018

Bacolod, beyond Masskara

“Better to see something once than hear about it a thousand times” - this quote reminds me of my trip to the City of Smiles.

early Sunday morning at the Provincial Capitol lagoon

The idea of going to the Sugar capital excites me. I have a lot of things to do in mind and some sites to see but I won't put such pressure to get things done in a short period because I just want to enjoy my alone time.

I wanted to get a feel of the place so I tried very hard not to bother anyone to ask for directions. It's a bit confusing to commute around Bacolod at first but you'll get used to it after a few days.

I've looked around and stroll along Lacson street, dined outside a public market, visited the Cathedral and sat down for a moment in the plaza just to get a better understanding of their way of life.


I'm grateful to have met not just locals but some people with inspiring stories throughout my stay. How can I forget Manong Ben- the cab driver on my way back. He's been living in Bacolod for 18 years and he has one of the most unforgettable experiences the very first day he had set foot on Negros soil.

And I'd love to do it again in another city where I can walk in the streets unafraid even if unsure of where I'm heading to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!