Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Solitude

I didn't waste a single minute when I landed in Bacolod for my birthday trip this year. I headed straight to Don Salvador Benedicto to see the Malatan-og falls also known as the Cigarette falls. Yes, it looks like a cigarette from afar. I've seen it a number of times in a travel show and I promised myself that I will not only take a photo of the picturesque falls from the Lantawan or viewing deck once I get the chance to see it in person.

the falls from the Lantawan

According to the locals, the downhill trail will take approximately 30 to 45 minutes and 45 minutes or so going back, depending on your pace. I'm proud of myself for conquering it in exactly 29 minutes including 2 2- minutes rest and water break. It's not that obvious how excited I am to reach the foot of the falls.

fresh water that you can drink for free halfway through the trail

I was totally in awe of the beauty before me and I stood still to feel the mists in my face as the water drops aggressively. I found a new place where I can be alone but happy. That sense of happiness that's impossible to ever understand.


I did almost 35 minutes going back as I had to stop somewhere to enjoy the view and a little chat with my guide (thanks to you Manong) while waiting for another group of hikers to pass the same steep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!